CREWbiz Community Violation Policy
Policy for Member Community Violations
The CREWbiz community rules and etiquette should not be seen as all-inclusive, but rather to give our members a general idea of the guidelines one should follow when participating in the online community. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, CREW Network reserves the right to suspend, remove content, or terminate participation on all lists for members who violate these rules.
Taking action against one of our members, particularly in regard to removing an account, is something we would like to avoid, but realistically may have to happen in order to protect the quality of service we strive to provide to our members. This restriction is not intended to limit in any way the professional networking and educational advantages of CREWbiz.
When unsure whether content is consistent with these policies, please err on the side of caution and do not post the content in CREWbiz. If there are any questions on what content is appropriate to post please contact the CREW Network director, digital strategy.
The community rules and etiquette may be revised from time to time and it’s the member’s responsibility to stay abreast of any changes.
Possible disciplinary actions for Terms and Conditions/Rules and Etiquette violations
- An email, private message or phone call is communicated to the member that explains the violation that occurred.
- An email or phone call is communicated to the member who violated the guidelines. The member’s CREWbiz community account may be put into moderation. Member may be placed in a 30-day moderation queue, where messages from his/her account are reviewed by the CREW Network director, digital strategy before they are posted online.
- An email/private message warning is communicated to the member who violated the guidelines. The member’s CREWbiz community account may be put into moderation. Member may be placed in moderation for three months; where messages from his/her account are reviewed by the CREW Network director, digital strategy before they are posted online. Member may be subject to removal from communities.
- A formal written letter is sent to the member who violated the guidelines. The member may be removed from participating in CREWbiz in some or all communities.
- CREW Network reserves the right to edit or delete a post. However, CREW Network generally will not edit or delete posts for members, unless there has been a severe violation of the CREWbiz Rules and Etiquette (as mentioned).
- To clarify or edit a message posted, we recommend the original poster to reply to the existing message. At CREW Network’s discretion, older messages that may cause confusion or contain outdated information may be archived or deleted.
A member may not appeal his/her moderation reprimand. A member may appeal his/her removal from a CREWbiz community by contacting the CREW Network director, digital strategy in writing; final decisions will be will be reviewed and decided upon by a panel of peers.
Appeals should include the following pieces of information:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Full disclosure of any previous violations
- Why you feel the community removal should be overturned, include any relevant or supporting evidence.
For any further questions or comments please contact the CREW Network director, digital strategy.